A rainy weekend

Monday, May 20, 2013

The weekend is only alive for one more hour. Or, at least it was when I started this blog post (I keep getting distracted from writing this by Don Draper's drug fueled frenzy). We were still celebrating our 4 year old's birthday (what? How on earth did 4 years already pass since she was born?) and so rushed headlong a little giddy with parental pride into the weekend. But it was nevertheless a peaceful one, as rainy weekends often are.

We had a dinner party on Saturday night, I served pasta with tomato and ricotta cheese, roast chicken with lemon, fennel, and saffron. There was rhubarb crumble for dessert.

So much is fixed with a little rhubarb crumble.

Food

I'm usually a gin & tonic girl - but like Adrianna, I can be swayed by a good margarita especially if it's a spicy cucumber margarita.

Nikole Herriott has posted the single most beautiful photograph of pasta I've ever seen. Don't believe me? Travel over there to get a recipe for spring broth and see her new collection of gorgeous blue ceramic bowls.

With a blog name like Honey & Jam, Hannah better be good at producing jam recipes. This one for strawberry balsamic black pepper jam won't disappoint. Plus she shares some photos of her gorgeous Appalachian Spring and it's the kind of green landscape I could get lost in.

Bea at La Tartine Gourmande is writing her second cookbook and considering her first one is my go-to for inspiration and colorful recipes, I'm sure her second will also delight.

Interior design

Are you looking for a nice decorative tray for your coffee table? Suzanne and Lauren McGrath at Good Bones, Great Pieces put together a cute selection.

I love the idea of a painted metal bed in my girls' room. Clearly Emily A. Clark does too. This selection  of painted beds is sweet and would serve as a wonderful color source against white walls.

Ok, this is kind of a serious DIY project, but the results are spectacular. Check out this modern brass chandelier that Little Green Notebook posted. It's by the talented Megan Pflug for One Kings Lane.

Emily Henderson is redoing Joy's (of Oh Joy!) studio! Could I be more excited about that? She says she's doing it to get in good with Joy's adorable 2 year old, Ruby. I don't care, as long as I get to see what she does with her space. It's going to be insanely gorgeous.

None of the categories above

I truly hope you're reading the hilarious tumblr, Beyonce Art History. It's Beyonce + fine art ... what could be better?


Night!!

4 comments:

  1. mmmm just got a blender to celebrate the summer and so spicy cucumber margs are first on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed Bea's announcement about her 2nd cookbook. Wow, we get to gaze at more gorgeous photos and awesome recipes! Woo-hoo! Thanks for the tipoff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Averie! I'm excited too.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger