Happy weekend

Friday, October 12, 2012


I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I'm planning on putting some of those apples we picked last weekend to good use and making a galette or two.

Interior design:

Holly Becker of Decor8 has teamed up with her publisher to put together a box of her very favorite items for your home and they are giving it away! Head to Decor8 and then on to the Chronicle Books site to participate. From a Jonathan Adler vase to a gorgeous Voluspa candle, I'm dying to win this one.

Fashion/style:

Am I the last one in the world to start reading the JCrew blog, 770 Behind the Line? Oh well, I'm reading it now and loving the stylinga and outfit inspirations they put together.

Most of us don't live in London so won't be able to check out this incredible Chanel show about Coco Chanel's iconic little black jacket that just opened in London's Saatchi Gallery. But The Londoner got a sneak peek and features it on her blog. She also has a giveaway for one of the Chanel prints that you get if you attend the show! I would frame one of these for my bedroom.

Food:

Just in case you think I never post about salads (well, it's true, I rarely do), here's one from Sprouted Kitchen today that looks really good: it's a butter lettuce salad with tahini honey dressing.

Helene at Tartelette is giving away a copy of Marmalade by Elizabeth Fields, a book Helene shot beautifully for Running Press. Just leave a comment to be entered.

Here's a totally cute gift for trick or treaters at Halloween or to make with children: petri-dish jell-o from Sugar & Cloth today.


And finally, how cute is this little orphaned walrus joining the NY Aquarium? I need to visit him asap.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger