Catching up

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

These peonies on my kitchen table are killing me with their scent and pinkness.
I'm trying to watch some back episodes of Game of Thrones before someone tells me about the latest episode. All I saw was a lot of "wtf?" on facebook and twitter, so don't give it away! I've read the books, but it feels like years ago now. So this post has been delayed by days because I'm trying feverishly to catch up before all is revealed.

 food

I can't resist these blackberry donuts with vanilla bean glaze from Naturally Ella. I think they would be the perfect breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I haven't tackled hand pies yet but this recipe for honeyed chicken hand pies on Inn at the Crossroads (the official Game of Thrones food blog) looks like a good one.

Eva at Adventures in Cooking wants you to join her book club and while you're there you can enjoy these boozy lime, honey, lemongrass popsicles!

fashion

Sarah at A House in the Hills has constructed my dream summer outfit, although if I'm being totally honest with myself, I'd probably swap out the neon heels for some neon yellow flats.

I'm forever and always in love with stripes. My family makes fun of me, and quite frankly I don't care. Erin at Elements of Style agrees. She's put together a roundup of some cute striped clothing out there.

hard to define

Don't you just long for the idea of Paris sometimes? It's like a tangible thing for me. When I feel that ache (and I don't want to spring for a plane ticket) I travel over to the lovely Carin's blog, Paris in Four Months, where she chronicles her love affair with that gorgeous city. Her recent post on evening walks has me surfing airline prices.

I'm attending Alt Design Summit on June 20th and I'm so excited to connect with friends and fellow bloggers. Plus the keynote speakers are Grace Bonney and Garance Dore! Yippeee. If you're going, let me know!

10 comments:

  1. I would have loved to go to that! Maybe next year...Look forward to your round up of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those recipes all sound great - definitely making ice-pops soon. And who knew about the GOT cookbook/webpage! Thanks for that find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun!! I can't wait to hear what you think of Alt. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Eva's popsicles as well and instantly need those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many spam comments how annoying! Have fun at the meetup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh, i know, something i need to get a handle on.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger