I heart San Francisco (part I)

Friday, March 14, 2014

We spent 48 hours in San Francisco last weekend. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but enough time for me to appreciate the way the western light cascades down the streets, the way time stands still when you sip that perfect almond milk latte, the way the streets hum with pride when the cable cars rumble by.


We stayed on a shockingly high floor in a gorgeous hotel. I live on the 25th floor in New York City, so I thought I was used to heights. But the view from the 40th floor was something to behold. 













On Saturday morning we walked down to Fisherman's Wharf to check out the huge farmers market - and gaze at the Bay Bridge in the early morning light.

Then we walked up to Coit Tower and down again through the city to Lombard Street. 



Then after a walk through Russian Hill and Pacific Heights, we made our way back around to Dolores Park and took in this party scene.























I didn't realize I took so many photos. That was the result of 9 
hours of walking on Saturday. I'm going to have to show you Sunday's shots (including the painted ladies)in the next post. What an amazing city, right?  




3 comments:

  1. It is indeed a beautiful city! Glad you had a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hills are psychotic. But I love the windy one with the green hedges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger