Promises

Thursday, September 27, 2012


The sky held the promise of rain all day, clouds sagging against the tops of the buildings with their swollen underbellies. But here I sit at midnight and not a drop has fallen. That's the funny thing about promises; they don't always materialize.

Food:

Need something drool-worthy to start out our links? Then check out this toasted oak ice cream with smoked sea salt and lapsang souchong caramel swirl from the uber talented Beth at local milk today. Hailing from Tennessee, she has just the right mix of interesting food choices with stunning photography and her Southern gothic sensibility makes me happy.

Yay for Katie of What Kate Ate! Her book has just been released in Australia and New Zealand and is coming to the US in two weeks. I can't wait. Head to her blog to say congrats, and while you're there participate in a giveaway for a Kitchen Aid stand mixer (if you're in Australia) or signed copies of her book (if you're in the US).

Interior design:

We got a gift of a nude painting years ago as a wedding present from some very dear friends and it's one of the most cherished pieces in our home. I think nudes are so graceful and really add style to a home. If you're looking for one for your home then check out these finds by Erin at Elements of Style today.

Want to see the best kitchen ever? Jeanine and Jack, of the popular cooking blog Love & Lemons, open up their kitchen to be photographed by The Kitchn today. I'd give my little finger to have a sliver of that bright light in my own place.

Fashion/style:

I'd dearly love to learn more about Photoshop and how to manipulate my images to truly bring out the life and light in them. So I'm entering this giveaway to win Photoshop Elements 11 from the ladies at A Beautiful Mess.

Awesome, fashionable, and best of all, affordable wristwatch roundup from Bonnie at Going Home to Roost. I love the double strap ones and even though I haven't worn a watch in years I'm tempted to get one of these for Autumn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger