So blue

Tuesday, September 11, 2012



Today it actually felt like autumn, the sky was a clear boundless blue and the wind whipped eagerly against our faces as we walked towards the train. I know it's supposed to get back up into the mid 80s by the end of the week so autumn will retreat for now, but it's enough to know it's there, lurking at the edges of our days.

Interior design:

The September issue of Lonny is out. I probably don't need to say more than that, but it is packed with great stories including one on my author, Amanda Nisbet and her upcoming book, Dazzling Design.

I am usually drawn to pure white bedrooms with pops of pink or yellow here and there but this bedroom featured on Remodelista with moody dark accents (belonging to fashion blogger and author Lizzie of Tomboy Style) really attracted me. Too bad there is only one photo of the bedroom, I'd love a breakdown of the different elements.

The House of Fifty fall issue is here. This issue celebrates women, interiors, and fashion - so looks like an entertaining read.

Food:

I have these memories of walking through the mall in my parents small town in Pennsylvania with the smell of greasy pretzels floating down the marbled hallways. Here is a grown-up recipe for homemade cinnamon sugar pretzels from Say Yes to Hoboken. They certainly don't look like the greasy, soggy things I remember from my youth.

I have been craving sweet potatoes in all forms lately. So you can bet I was jumping up and down when I saw photos of these smokey sweet potato burgers with roasted garlic cream and avocado from How Sweet it Is. I mean, seriously??!! Talk about heaven.

Simply dying over these antique French cheese boards from the Dreamy Whites shop. They'd be amazing piled high with French cheeses, olives, and bread.

Fashion:

New York fashion week is happening at the moment and I loved this review and photographs of the Lela Rose show on Quintessence.

Check out I Suwannee to win several pink items from the awesome North Carolina store, Furbish including a pretty pink Tessa necklace.


3 comments:

  1. roasted...garlic...cream? I mean, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that's a veggie burger i think i'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that cooler temperatures have finally arrived! And I saw the sweet potato burger earlier, it looks divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger