If you were a fly on my wall

Thursday, January 24, 2013



If you were a fly on my wall, you'd see that I've been running around like a mad woman or like a chicken with her head cut off (seriously, who says that?). You see that I'm sad that I'm not here talking with all of you. Cause I want to tell you all about my trip to the Guggenheim last weekend 
                                                                                                                                                       ...and how amazing that was. And I forgot how museums make my heart burst out of my chest. Does anyone else feel this way?

If you were a fly on my wall, I'd wave to you every day.

Hi!


Fashion/style

Best post ever from Garance on the love/hate relationship with skinny jeans.

Jamie photographed some powerful statues during her trip to Florence. I'm in awe of the power radiating from these images.

Need some new ballet flats? Check out Who What Wear's lineup of the best ballet flats under $100.

London friends (and sister), you need to go to this bookstore. Then report back here and tell me all about it :)

Food

Averie showed me a new way to roast my vegetables and PS: it involves coconut oil (my new favorite ingredient).

Have some pastry crust lying around? I do, in my freezer and I'm using it for this pear tarte tartin from Matchbox Kitchen.

Chocolate mousse is a final frontier of sorts for me. I'd like to try these chocolate espresso mousse pots from The Little Loaf.

Mushrooms are the perfect winter food, warm and silky and satisfyingly chewy. Loving this Chinese mushroom soup from Vanilla Bean Blog.

I've never cooked crab before, is that shocking? I've eaten my weight in it plenty of times, but I've never tried cooking crab at home. Ok, Lemons and Anchovies couldn't quite cook a live crab either but she created this incredible dish of dungeness crab with wine, fried meyer lemon slices, and fried capers and I want it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Guggenheim - I bet you had fun. I made Little Loafs mousse pots and can confirm that they are indeed delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Lily at the Museum could be a series. So dang photogenic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger