Ugh

Wednesday, January 16, 2013


I'm down and out today. Just trying to hold it together and praying this sore throat disappears soon. I keep feeling better in fits and starts. I even managed to mop the apartment. Although it was the lazy mop style, you know the one where you mop around the piles of clothes instead of picking them up?


Interior design

Have you guys heard about the awful garbage patch floating out on the surface of the Pacific ocean? I've been reading about it for years and always wondering how it was being dealt with. It's twice the size of Texas!! Erin of Design for Mankind posted about some of the ways we might help the ocean plastic disappear, including making chairs from the garbage!

Here's another amazing farmhouse, this time in Italy, via Remodelista. I'd have trouble keeping it clean, but it's nice to dream.

Food

Craving risotto? Head to Design Crush to get 20 risotto recipes that would knock the chill right out of the day.

Ashley of Not Without Salt discuss her once-a-week morning ritual and it sounds so peaceful. It involves yogurt, and this recipe for homemade yogurt with butter-toasted walnuts and honey would definitely hit the spot.

Mmmm, next time I make hot chocolate I think I'll do it with coconut, as Joanna shared today.


Off to get some rest. Hoping I feel better soon.


11 comments:

  1. Feel better soon!
    I think I need coconut hot chocolate as well...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tea! You should try it, it's amazing!

      Delete
  2. Oh no!
    So many people at work are sick...stay home and get well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, it makes me feel a little better to know I'm not the only one ... this is awful!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks J, I hope you don't get this

      Delete
  4. Aww... it finally got to you? Please continue resting - I hope you feel better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! hoping the long weekend helps me get rid of it :)

      Delete
  5. Like your links!
    Feel better!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Regine! I appreciate you reading :)

      Delete
  6. Coconut water has lots of healthy vitamins in it.. So good idea! I would love some hot chocolate. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger