Happy Winter Solstice

Friday, December 21, 2012


I love that all of my December shots of Central Park are moody and dark. It's just like the setting for the newest version of Wuthering Heights from Masterpiece Classic, have you guys seen that mini-series yet? Wow, just wow. It's violent and stormy ... and totally awesome.

On an only slightly less educated note, I'm also starting to get excited for the next Bachelor season previewed on the Ashley and J.P. wedding special which aired last Sunday. I. Cannot. Wait.

Interior design:

I've been dreaming about pretty home offices lately. This inspiring round up and tips from I Heart Organizing's Jen Jones was posted on BHG Style Spotters today.

Ooooh, take a look at this divine London home that Habitually Chic featured. It has been dubbed Hogwarts because the director of the Harry Potter films lives there with his interior designer wife.

You know you want pretty pillows for your home. Enter Sydney's giveaway to win $150 to spend at Caitlin Wilson Textiles. I'd go for this mint fleur chinoise pillow or this chevron one.

I'm loving this home of a Dutch interior designer found by Si at French by Design and posted on SF Girl By Bay. The muted colors are such a welcome rest for the eyes and I could imagine myself curling up with a good book and feeling comforted and warm in the darkened rooms.

Food:

Winter calls for soup, and this creamy sundried tomato soup from Love & Lemons looks like just the thing.

Last minute dessert idea for Christmas (or that homemade gift you've always wanted to give): these bourbon balls from Jennifer Martine on Design Sponge today.

Fashion/style:

Creature Comforts ranks as one of my favorite blogs of 2012 (and indeed, a favorite since I began blog reading years ago). Ez has a rad way of blending fashion and home decor and covering the hottest trends out there. She's put together a list of her most popular posts of 2012 and it was fun to relive them.

Win a beautiful piece of wishbone-shaped jewelry from The Londoner. It's her way of saying thanks for being a reader. How sweet is that?


It's the Winter Solstice tonight AND we're all still here (so take that, Mayans). I'll be celebrating both events (well, one was a non-event) this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. great post! Merry Christmas! :)

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photographs are absolutely amazing! Great character to all of them - thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger