Verge

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

light blur at the farmers market this evening
























I feel like I'm on the verge of coming down with some kind of sickness. It's lurking right out of my line of sight, waiting to pounce on me as soon as I let my guard down. It's tickling the edge of my subconscious and I really hope I can hold it off for a little longer, or chase it away with a few extra hours of sleep. But first, Housewives of Beverly Hills is calling me. Go away, cold, go away!

Interior design:

I think I might be able to get into the holiday spirit after all. Especially after I saw the spare and beautiful home from My Scandinavian Home today. Those long timber planks, the sheepskin rugs thrown over the chairs at the kitchen table, the tree draped with just a few strings of lights so the green is allowed to shine through; it's all so gorgeous.

Want to go camping in style? Enter to win a one-of-a-kind camping box from luxury  Shelter Co. on Tomboy Style today. Just tell Lizzie where in the world you'd like to go camping and you're entered to win.

Ever wondered how to paint a brass chandelier? Wonder no more when you check out Little Green Notebook for a tutorial from Jenny on how to get to all those nooks and crannies of an intricate piece. She ended up with a beautiful periwinkle blue chandelier that totally lights up the room (pun intended).

Food:

Our dinner tonight is going to be was these black bean enchiladas with roasted red pepper sauce from Cookie + Kate. I needed something a little less heavy than a winter stew. (And they were delicious!)

When we put up our tree (probably next weekend) I'm thinking of munching on this popcorn party mix from Cassie at Bake your Day. It has cayenne pepper! I might add in some chocolate too.

Or maybe I'll fill the apartment with the clean smells of cinnamon and cloves? Then I'd opt for this sparkling brown butter cake (with kabocha squash) from Sarah at The Yellow House.

Just in time for the holidays, Dorie Greenspan has launched her cookie site, Beurre and Sel where she sells cookies with wonderful flavor combinations like cocoa cayenne, sesame and sea salt, cranberry spice, and rosemary parmesan.

Fashion/style:

Confession: I don't craft very often (although I have a lot of good intentions)  - this is slightly shocking because I work at a publisher that does a ton of beautiful craft books. Nevertheless, these beeswax candles from Oh Happy Day look totally doable and would make a gorgeous holiday or housewarming gift.

I can't tell you how long I've been searching for a good work bag. One that isn't gigantic, but can still fit the myriad of items I carry to work on a daily basis. I finally found the perfect option in this Lo and Sons Savoy bag. Enter "Holidays2012" before 1/1/13 at checkout for 30% off any item on the site.


See you later!

3 comments:

  1. MMmm those enchiladas look delish! By the way, BlogCurator, how do you ensure perfect avocado-freshness? Do you keep them in fridge or press? In a brown paper bag? It's a tough one for me to get right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo reminds me of Uta Barth. I saw some of her film photos in a gallery in New York about a million years ago, I still look for her stuff. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thanks so much Jackie! It totally started as a mistake, but now I love it!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger