Curator Picks - 6/15

Friday, June 15, 2012










I put on my new skinny black jeans this morning, paired them with a neon orange top, and I bounced out the door. I was hoping my happy clothes would bring me luck at work. Alas, not so. It was a long, stressful week, full of highs and lows. 

But that's just sometimes how it goes. 

And that was not supposed to rhyme. 

Oh well, it's Friday, and I certainly can't complain about that. And this weekend we are not only celebrating father's day but 7 years of marriage with the man I love.


Only two posts today because all i want to do is eat salty food and drink so here you go:

My mom makes homemade pickles with a recipe from Darina Allen's Ballymaloe cookbook and they are just the right mix of sweet and tart and perfect for sandwiches. But I don't have that recipe on hand so I bet this recipe for pickling everything from cucumbers to carrots over at A Beautiful Mess would be tasty also.

I want a mint julep, and I want a mint julep ice pop made with watermelon! These ones are not for the kiddos if you catch my drift.



Enjoy the weekend. Let's all come back on Monday refreshed and ready to begin again.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger