Curator Picks - 4/5

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I think work has infiltrated my subconscious. I'm working on an interior design book that has a lot of incredible artwork and so I spend a good portion of my day looking at layouts of houses and apartments with insane paintings on the walls. I had a weird dream last night in which I was trapped in a house belonging to the expressionist painter Chaim Soutine. The fact that he was the owner of the house didn't really enter into it, it was just knowledge that I held as I dreamed. The scary part was the house had no exit. I ran from one room to the next, frantically searching for a way out but each room had a blank wall where the door to a hallway should be. So I just ended up running from room to room to room screaming my head off. Okay that's not a nice way to start this blog post. Sorry about that. On to more delightful posts:

Usually when I look at photos on The Sartorialist I want one or two things in the photo. But today, today I just want to BE this girl! I love her jacket, I love her hat, I love her secret smile, damn it, I love her jewelry, I love her shoes. I need someone to deconstruct the outfit for me so I can buy it all - including the bike.

Remodelista has a few good posts up today. The one about the bicycle commute really appeals to me because it's something I wish I could do (see entry above about that beautiful Sartorialist girl). But I live in a part of Manhattan that doesn't have great services for cyclists and there's no way I'd make it down to my workplace in Chelsea in one piece.

I need help when it comes to packing for trips, I inevitably pack too much of the wrong stuff and not enough of the right stuff. I forget the essential daily products and always arrive at my destination without something I need. Luckily, Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere has posted a great checklist today of what beauty and face products she's taking on her honeymoon. I think I'll use it as my guide for traveling from now on.

ok that's all I see today, back again tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger