Curator Picks - 4/6

Friday, April 6, 2012

Hopefully you all have nice plans for the holiday weekend. I've just finished making Georgia Pellegrini's Lemon Clouds Cheesecake from her book, Food Heroes and will enjoy it after sunday dinner with my family.

I work at a publishing house that does beautiful craft books so it's a little sad that I don't knit more. But when (when, I say!) I do knit again, I'll try out this lovely dutch-style knit throw posted on Remodelista today. I love the dark wool and the chunky stitches, it makes it seem so cosy.

I've entered no less than two competitions to win a kitchen aid mixer this week (actually two in the last two days). One through the gorgeous celebration blog of Amy Atlas and the other through the Pioneer Woman. The Amy Atlas one is over as you had to get your entry in by 1pm (you better believe I was pressing send at exactly 1 while standing in central park today) but you can still enter for the Pioneer Woman's stand mixer giveaway. She's giving away three in a gorgeous spring green color.

I love those features in magazines where they take 3 pieces of clothing and give you several different outfit options. On A Beautiful Mess today, the lovely Elsie Larson (who always makes me think of Zooey Deschanel) takes 8 pieces of clothing and uses them to create 8 different outfits (shoes and accessories don't count). My favorite is the long striped skirt that can also be worn as a dress for a totally different look. She also tells you where you can get each piece of clothing.

If I were at home in my own apartment this weekend, I'd definitely be making these crepes with strawberries and fresh whipped cream from Creature Comforts. And they're gluten-free too, which is something I'm trying to do more and more of. No reason really - I'm just curious to see if less gluten makes a difference in my energy level as I've heard it can do.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger