Like you need more

Monday, November 26, 2012

I hope you're returning from the holiday refreshed and ready to take on the week. Or maybe you're feeling a bit overwhelmed with the next holiday rushing towards us at breakneck speed? I'm a little bit in between those two extremes.

Here are a few links for you to look at in between your work and cyber Monday activities (at lunchtime, of course):

Food:

I know you don't want to eat more chocolate, or maybe you didn't eat enough over the holiday? Anyway, Alice at Lingered Upon made these nutella buns from the new Sussman brothers book, This is a Cookbook, that I'm definitely trying out asap.

My next major dessert is going to be this rosewater and pear cheesecake from the lovely site, What Liberty Ate. I had to buy a huge bottle of rose water for that cardamom brown sugar cake with rose whipped cream that I made last week so I'm eager to find other recipes that make use of it.

Ok sorry, I'm sending all sweet links your way today. SORRY! Last one is this biscoff gooey butter cake from Cassie at Bake Your Day.

Fashion/style:

I know I've mentioned Sole Society a few times here. I can't help it. Their shoes are not only affordable, but also super cute. Elsie and Emma from A Beautiful Mess have teamed up with them to offer a giveaway of THREE pairs of shoes from the site. Just pick your favorite pair and leave it on A Beautiful Mess to be entered to win. Also, even if you don't win, enter the code MESS20 and get $20 off a pair of shoes. That would make these Marilyn glitter heels just $30!

Did I say gift guides were stressing me out? Well they were, until I saw this cute roundup by Bonnie at Going Home to Roost. Check out her gift guide for the blogger in your life.

Interior design:

I set my alarm for 4am this morning to take advantage of the amazing discounts on art at 20x200. I have my eye on some of the Jane Mount ideal bookcase series. Starting at 4am you could get up to 40% off the art!! I'll see you there.

I'm loving this collection of bird prints that the lovely ladies at Good Bones, Great Pieces have put together. Along with tips on how to hang a gallery of art on your wall, it's something I'll be referring to as I put together my art pieces (hopefully recently purchased from 20x200!)


And last, this Thanksgiving I was grateful for many things, but high among them was this little space I've created for myself here on the internet. And you've made it a fun place to come to by reading and commenting, so I'm feeling very thankful for you this holiday season.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, hanging groups of images looks great. Tricky to get the spacing correct, but once you do - it's done. Thanks for the link to 20 x 200!
    mmg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! That spacing between images is my greatest challenge :)

      Delete
  2. what a convenient gift-guide for the blogger in my life, thanks! ;)
    And pity so many of these sales and offers aren't available world-wide, they look amazing. Love the Thanksgiving table by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, i'll try and find more international sales! Or more UK ones anyway :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger