Winner

Saturday, November 10, 2012

All that was left after the office bake off was my pretty Anthropologie cake stand.

Well, I participated in my office bake off today. And, guess what? I won! I baked a pumpkin gingersnap tart from the new Smitten Kitchen cookbook and it was incredible. It was devoured so fast that I didn't have a chance to take any photos, but I'll get some when I recreate it this weekend for disgruntled family members who didn't get to taste it the first time around.

Interior design:

Did you see Joy's gorgeous living room? It was beautiful before she had her sweet daughter Ruby and now it's beautiful in a different way as she has baby proofed her way to the most stylish living space I've ever seen. Coveting the blue Moroccan rug and the poufs.

Are you in the market for a beautiful tray? Check out the Apartment Therapy roundup of trays today.

Fashion/style:

Private Pinterest boards? I'm so in! Now I can assemble boards in secret and reveal when I'm ready. Everyone gets 3 boards, I'll be using mine asap.

Win $150 to spend on jewelry at Blue Hour Designs on Design Mom. Just pick your favorite and she'll draw for a winner by Monday.

Food:

Here's a new recipe for my weekend morning pancakes. Poppy, lemon, and sunflower seed pancakes from Heidi at 101 Cookbooks were featured in the New York Times this week (annoying, but you have to have an NY Times subscription to view this).

Umm, The Kitchn tells me that we can now buy wine from Amazon! Did you know this?

It's Friday! Don't you want a drink? The Boys' Club suggests The Southside Fizz. Looks yummy.

Yay for more bread pudding. It has pumpkin. Need I say more? I didn't think so. Thanks, Love and Lemons!

Did you know there won't be any more print editions of Everyday Food? I'm sad, but excited to see what they have coming up on the website.


Have a lovely weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your baking win! That platter is so cute--and the tart sounds delicious. I would like a very nice family member to bake me one of those this weekend as well :-)
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Tara! If you lived closer, I'd bring you over a slice :)

      Delete
  2. Going to look up that recipe in the Smitten Kitchen cookbook right now...! :) Also, you can see the pancake recipe without a Times subscription, but only if you haven't already used your 20 free articles (or whatever it is now...10?) a month. Thanks for sharing all of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! My two Seattle peeps commented! :-) Note: if you make the tart, I added two more tablespoons of butter to the crust ingredients to make it stick together better.

      Delete
  3. oo look you made the tart! glad it went so well...i am making it next week for thanksgiving! it's a great book, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another one baking my oven right now and i'm thinking about making it for thanksgiving too! It's a great alternative to the heavier pastry crust pies. I've won my office bakeoff twice with Smitten's recipes! Can't wait to make more from the book.


      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger