Time

Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm feeling the passage of time keenly today. A milestone birthday has passed in our household and it's left me feeling a bit strange. Sometimes it feels as though all the hoopla and excitement surrounding a birthday is all just to disguise the sadness that time is rushing through our fingers more quickly than we can bear to think about. Unless of course you're living in a Doctor Who world (oh, how I dearly wish I was) and you can just hop back and forth through time and space with a witty companion by your side.

With that depressing thought out of the way, shall we move on to some links? Yes, lets!

Food:

This recipe for an alternate way to cook brussels sprouts (with pomegranate seeds and honey!) on Simple Bites has me rethinking my thanksgiving side dishes.

This toffee pear galette from The Baker Chick might very well replace the usual apple pie for next week. I've been wanting to try a galette for ages and I love the thought of toffee and pear together.

Win a pie dish from BigKitchen.com hosted by the lovely Eva of Adventures in Cooking. There's also a recipe for chocolate pecan pie (something I've yet to try).

And lest you think I'm all about chocolate (well, to be honest, I really am) I'm loving these vanilla almond orange cloud cookies from Joy the Baker. And guess what? There is no flour or butter in these beauties!


Fashion/style:

This winter I'm debating parka or puffer. I already own the puffer coat but I'm really coveting some of the cute parka coats out there now. Check out these options from Say Yes to Hoboken.

Win $150 to spend at Pinhole Press from Design Mom. I made calendars for family members with Pinhole Press last year and they turned out really well.


Interior design:

Participate in the awesome Wednesday Apartment Therapy and The Kitchn giveaways. This week you could win a Williams Sonoma cookware set or a Chesterfield sofa by Canvas!

Also, if you read Smitten Kitchen (like everyone else out there) and have wondered what lies beyond those granite countertops, then check out this interview she did on The Kitchn today. It just goes to show, you don't have to have a giant, tricked out kitchen to churn out some of the best recipes out there.

Anna at Door Sixteen has been renovating her garden and she's almost done, check it out here, even unfinished it looks awesome!

Do you read Jessie at The Long and Short of It? She gives a tour of her incredible Raleigh home on The Everygirl. Color just pops out of every room and you get to see her lounging at home with her giant dogs.


Not sure what category to place this one under, but perhaps that's the point. In any case, if you're looking for a moment of stillness and beauty, then head to Nadia at La Porte Rouge to gaze at the incredible photographs of several white horses she came across in a field one dark, chilly night.

3 comments:

  1. mm existential! i kind of hate that feeling, it can be so hard to just focus on the present. but there is always doctor who! which got me through like, the entire post-partum period...love that show :)

    mmm pomegranate brussels sprouts...yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, i'm so glad to find someone else who loves that show. Phew, i thought everyone would just think it was a giant weirdo :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger