Sky musings

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The moon has risen high over the east river tonight. It's shining a path right across the river, broken occasionally by a ripple. This time of the year the night sky appears sharper somehow, and my nighttime walks with the dog will reveal a few stars glimmering above the brightly lit buildings. I tend to forget about the stars the rest of the year and am always delighted when I see them peeking through the haze that usually surrounds the city night sky. It comforts me to think that family and friends scattered all over the world see the same night sky.

Food:

Have you ever heard of a savory granola? I certainly took notice when I saw this curry coconut granola on The Kitchn the other day. I think I'd sprinkle it on salad or soup.

In the mood for something healthier? I would say yes to this autumny salad of sweet potato and avocado from the fun and bubbly Sarah at A House in the Hills.

Another wonderful use for brussels sprouts: Jessica at How Sweet it Is serves up some balsamic brussels sprouts grilled cheese sandwiches.

I love this gift guide from Luisa at The Wednesday Chef. From beautiful artisanal teas to art for your home, she's covered it all in her usual stylish way.

Interior design:

Stephmodo has a wonderful Real Life Home series where the featured homes are not professionally designed but curated by a homeowner with some incredible taste. The latest one in the series is a beautiful and cozy bungalow in San Diego.

Kinfolk inspires me, quite simply that. Their holiday video is just the ticket to get me in the holiday mood.

Fashion/style: 

I love giving family members photo related gifts. Thanks to Anne at The City Sage, I'll be trying out some photo books with Artifact Uprising. Their design clearly allows the photographs to be the star of the show and the results look simply gorgeous.

This giveaway from Honey Kennedy will appeal to my London-based sister and international readers. It's from a London clothing and home store, Couverture & Garbstore. Jen picked her favorite items from the store and you could win them all. Just head to Honey Kennedy to enter!

Garance Dore has launched her online shop! Scott announced it on The Sartorialist today. He's so proud of her ... and that's pretty sweet.

I think the perfect way to end my day is with a cup of tea and a long perusal through the holiday issue of Rue.


And, finally, a few links to make you smile:

 Security cameras don't always catch bad things. Sometimes they catch beautiful things. Watch the video and enjoy.

And see if you can find Momo. It reminds me a bit of Maddie on Things. Thanks to Koseli at Original Archiving for the find.

1 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger