Curator Picks - 5/1

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Well, hello May! I didn't even have time to walk outside and feel if the May day felt any different than yesterday because I was so busy at my desk. I'm not going to lie, I even had a vending machine lunch (which reminds me, are the new Raisinets bags smaller or am I crazy?)

Food:

Loving the sound of this Cardamom Pistachio Quickbread from A Cozy Kitchen. Cardamom is one of my favorite spices/flavors, and I've tried this flavor combination before with much success, although not in a bread. For Christmas 2009 I made Mary Ellen Rae's Cardamom Pistachio Cookies posted by Luisa at The Wednesday Chef (an extra special post because it was her last one before she moved from NYC to Berlin to write her upcoming book, yay!). I packaged them up in cute boxes and gave them to the doormen in my building for the holidays.

Tara at Seven Spoons is celebrating her 7 year blog anniversary today. And celebrate she does, with a glorious recipe for Hazelnut and Strawberry celebration cake and some beautiful musings on Jack Kerouac. She calls it "a gussied up version of a Victoria Sponge." Sounds yummy to me and perhaps the perfect cake for an upcoming birthday I will have to bake for.

Interior Design:

I was recently introduced to this home organizing blog and it has quickly become a staple in my organizing arsenal. IHeart Organizing is run by the awesome Jen and she has three boys. Her organizing skills are tip top and very inspiring. This most recent post is about her playroom organization. She turned two IKEA Expedit bookshelves on their sides to form benches and then filled the shelves with pretty Target baskets. So clever.

Organizing must be in the air because Young House Love also did their own take on how to deal with all of the toys that end up scattered on the floor at the end of the day (or pretty much five minutes after you get up).

Fashion/Style:

Check out decor8's post on 5 clever ways to display your Instagram photos. This comes on the heel of her earlier post (which I also blogged about about) about preserving your photographs and not just sending them out into the unknown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger