Curator Picks - 5/4

Friday, May 4, 2012

Ok, I've calmed down from yesterday's excitement and I'm ready to get back to our regularly scheduled programming. 


Interior design:


Tune in to One Kings Lane tomorrow (5/5) for a very special tastemaker tag sale from Albert Hadley's estate. You could buy items from his Connecticut and Manhattan homes as well as his very own sketches! I'll be counting down the minutes for the chance at owning something from this interior design icon.


I'm seeing owls everywhere at the moment (just pinned a cute owl lamp from West Elm) so I was excited to see this review of Camilla Meijer's beautiful owl wallpaper and textiles on Design Sponge today.


The next issue of Rue is live! I'll be spending all weekend (when I'm not practicing my photography) drooling over it. And check out the gorgeous cover:






Fashion/style:


Oh my gosh, loving this gorgeous little camera on SF Girl By Bay. Speaking of cameras, my online photography class started last night at Bella Pop. I can't wait to dive into the first lesson this weekend and start posting images on the blog for you to see.


Food:


Some insane ice cream sauce recipes were posted at A Beautiful Mess today. If you're in the mood for ice cream this weekend (and who isn't?) check out the easy recipes for red wine chocolate sauce and sea salt + honey caramel sauce.


Other stuff:


Last week Ez at Creature Comforts posted a link to an article by Make Under My Life titled Things I'm Afraid to Tell You, that quickly got a twitter conversation going that quickly led back to a challenge from Ez to all bloggers to get a little more real with their posts. Here is Ez's take on things I'm afraid to tell you. She got several other bloggers to participate so you'll probably see Things I'm Afraid to Tell you pop up as posts on a lot of different blogs in the next few days. It's a challenge to bloggers to break down the facade and show some of their imperfections to readers.


Next on my list after 50 Shades of Blushing is Bringing up Bebe. I just saw a review of it on Oh Joy! and it's been recommended several times to me by others. I know opinions are polarized on this book (which is basically a review of French parenting methods and why they raise better behaved children than American parents), so I'm curious to check it out for myself.


Also had I posted yesterday, I would have mentioned the following:


Matchbook Magazine is live! Can't wait to dive in.

Stephmodo covered the most amazing horse ranch in northern California run by Maria at the blog and online farmhouse antique store Dreamy Whites. So inspiring and beautiful and I'm kind of dying over the fact that she maintains this lovely home, with horses, and homeschools her children!


If I were near my mother for mother's day I would prepare this thoughtful breakfast in bed posted by Victoria at A Subtle Revelry.




Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That things I'm afraid of is cool- reminds me of PostSecret, remember that? It's still going online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i remember that! Must check it out again.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger