Curator Picks - 5/30

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our air conditioning chose last night to die and I had to fling open the windows and let in whatever tiny gust of air there was out there. At 25 floors up we get a nice breeze coming off the East River, but it merely skirts the window and taunts us from outside. Luckily there was a large storm brewing (which also made Manhattanhenge a bust for me anyway) and that took some of the heat away.


Food:

And this right here is why I need an ice cream maker. I've resisted for so long because the last thing I need is another appliance cluttering my one square foot of kitchen counter space. Thanks to Hello Giggles and this insane recipe for Vegan Coconut Green Tea Ice Cream I just might be changing my mind.

Caitlin at Roost does it again with a gorgeous post on tacos, avocado shooters, and get this...watermelon mojito pops!! I want to live in Alabama and be her best friend. Everything in this post is raw and doesn't require you turning on the oven (which is always a good thing when your air conditioning decides to break).



Fashion/Style:

Big giveaway today at Cup of Jo for a $500 shopping spree at Beso if you create your own collection at Beso and then link to it in the comments of Jo's website. It really only takes a minute or two to create the collection and you have five days to enter.

Camilla at Effortless Style featured some really cute ballerina flats today. I want a pair!

I loved Mrs Lilien's feature today on Mrs. Fifty (of Fifty Shades of Grey fame). She has assembled all of the grey items that Ana would need. So clever!



Interior design:

Giveaway at I Heart Organizing of cute modern office supplies from Poppin.

Remember that Things I'm Afraid to Tell You movement that has been sweeping the blog world? I posted about it here. Well it was recently featured on the Huffington Post, and in honor of that, Jess at Makeunder My Life is doing a giveaway of one of her beautiful custom Be Brave prints which is totally in the same spirit as the movement. You have to leave a comment on her blog with something you've been afraid to tell the web before now. The comments are interesting, funny, and heartbreaking to read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger