Curator picks - roundup

Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm so excited to be back at my desk today. It was a lovely week filled with family time, relaxation by the ocean, barefoot running on the beach, and plenty of seafood -- but I'm ready to be home and back in my routine again. I also missed posting here more than I thought I would! Here is a quick roundup of what I loved last week:


Fashion/style:


Are you guys reading the insanely gorgeous fashion blogs of stylist Kelly at The Glamourai and photographer Jamie at From Me to You? These two friends recently travelled to Morocco and I was glued to their instagram feed all last week as shot after shot rolled in of the rugged landscape, the colorful Souk in Marrakech, and their drop dead amazing outfits (check Kelly's shots out online via Statigram).


Interior design:


Elsie at A Beautiful Mess gave me this great idea for displaying my Instagram photos (my handle is dervlakelly if you want to follow me). Check out her post on creating Instagram canvas wall art to display in your home. I think I'll put together a big board of our holiday shots.


A new discovery for me, Simply the Nest is the prettiest blog put together by an English girl renovating a Victorian home and planning an eventual move to France. Until she does that though, enjoy her posts on creating a colorful bedroom for her little girl.


Loving The Selby post last week on Brazilian furniture designer Sergio Rodrigues at his studio in Sao Paulo. The colors are insane and totally inspiring. 


Gardening:

Ok, this is a totally biased post. Let me just say that straight away. I have the extreme pleasure to be working with Marie at the gardening blog 66 Square Feet on a lifestyle book coming out next year. She blogs about her tiny little 66 square feet garden in Brooklyn where she lives with her French photographer husband and sassy black cat. Anyway, she just announced the upcoming book on her blog last week and the announcement is so sweet I had to share it with you.


And just for a giggle, check out this very polite bear waving at some tourists.


I'll write later with Monday's best posts. So glad to be back and in the loop again with all of you!

3 comments:

  1. I suffered from Curator withdrawal. Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! I really missed it actually :)

      Delete
  2. What a nice write up on ST&C! I'd love to see that book when it's done. And so many beautiful photos in this week's blogs - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger