Curator Picks - 5/21

Monday, May 21, 2012

Phew, I'm finally out from under a mountain of work emails and blog posts. As I was digging myself out, I had to stop and breathe every once in a while - do you ever forget to do that? Breathe? I do. All the time. So while you read these posts below, I'll just be over here breathing. Okay that sounded creepy.

Interior design:

I'm so making this Constellation Jar found today on Design Mom. I keep promising my three year old that I'll get her stars for her ceiling, but these seems like a much more fun project to do together.

I love that John and Sherry at Young House Love are so frank and forthright about the challenges they face in designing their home. A lot of the interiors blogs gloss over the decision making process and make you think they do it in a flash and just like that it's a gorgeous finished room. So, this post today about their indecision in bedroom design really resonated with me.

It's no secret that green is my favorite color, well I guess if you don't know me personally then yes it's a secret to you. So here you go, I love green! Remodelista has photos of a fantastic house in London with pops of green throughout (all in an effort to bring the outdoors in).

There is a large box from One Kings Lane lying in my entryway, daring me to open it. I know what's inside but I'm a little nervous to look. It will contain the baking dishes from the Albert Hadley estate sale. I vacillate between excitement at owning something that was his, and wondering if it's a little creepy to be handling his baking dishes. It's not, right?

On another Albert Hadley note, Habitually Chic has a lovely post on the Kips Bay Show House and the tribute to Hadley done by some of his former employees. Did you know he smoked until he was 91?

Food:

Need a little more green in your life? I'm talking about peas not money. Head over to Cannelle et Vanille to drink in her lush green photos - they had a calming effect on me today. This post was actually done last week while I was away, but I didn't want you to miss it.


Heading home now and hoping I'm not totally drowned by the rain. This morning I even had to go home for a fresh set of clothes! Some welcome back from the beach :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger