Curator Picks - 5/8

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm heartbroken over Maurice Sendak's passing today. He was truly one of the most gifted children's book authors and artists ever and I'll be reading our well worn version of Where the Wild Things are tonight with my daughter.

Fashion/Style:

Habitually Chic covers the best dressed at the Met Costume Institute Gala which took place last night. Check out her site to see some of the amazing and daring outfits.

I loved these Edward McGowan illustrations that I saw over at Pikaland today. So colorful - they'd look gorgeous as framed prints.

Interior design:

Chalk this project up as one I wish I had time to do but for now will just note it here. Jenny at Little Green Notebook repainted the trim of this mirror with chalkboard paint to give it a matte black look and it is so cool! As she says in her post, painting mirrors is the easiest project to do because the dried paint just wipes off the glass easily with a cloth.

The beautiful home of Marie at Dreamy Whites is being featured in the Better Homes and Gardens holiday issue but you can catch a sneak peak on her blog today.

Food:

One of the many reasons I love California: there is a 24 hour Sprinkles cupcake ATM in LA! Joy goes to check it out. They even play music while you wait for your cupcake to pop out of the ATM.

I'm seriously contemplating running home right now to make these Butterscotch Pots de Creme featured on Cupcakes and Cashmere. See actual recipe in LA Times here.

I love baking with olive oil. It gives your cake or bread a really creamy texture and makes me feel a bit healthier too. I'm going to try out this Almond Olive Oil Cake on Lottie + Doof as soon as I have a chance.

I'm not sure I'll actually make these but I'd love to have these homemade sugar cubes from A Beautiful Mess when I serve tea to visitors.

Other:

Stephmodo polled her readers for the best boy names when she was expecting her fourth child. She has compiled a list of the top 100 names. It was interesting to peruse.

Bleubird has chicks! Have you seen them yet? So cute! I WANT CHICKENS. On a sidenote, our neighbors down the hall had a baby chick as a pet in their apartment last year and I felt so so sorry for the little thing. They invited us over to meet it and it was peeping and cheeping and swimming around in its own poo. I wanted to scoop it up and run out the door. A week later I heard they gave it away to someone in the countryside, thank god. I'll never understand why people on the 25th floor of a building thought it was okay to own a farm animal.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you so much! It's still in the beginning stages, and i so appreciate you reading :)

      Delete
  2. Some gorgeous photography out there today - Bleubird's site is pretty cute. And the Met Gala outfits are to die for! Did you see our girl Beyonce's dress at the end? <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger