3 days in London with a 3 year old

Monday, August 20, 2012

That's a scary post title! But really it wasn't that scary. As you probably saw in my earlier post today, London was full of sights, sounds, and smells. It was my second time there, having visited with T 10 years ago but this time I was extra excited to be there at such a historic time in London's history. You could feel the Olympic vibe as you walked around the city and even though the locals were probably glad the events were over, I still felt that air of excitement and global hope for the future.

Other good things: 1) traveling with a 3 year old was not the extreme challenge I thought it would be. It was actually a lot of fun and she adapted easily to the time change and coming back was a breeze (at least it has been so far!). 2) The weather was lovely (we needed sunscreen). 3) We stayed in a great location (near The Tower Bridge) and everything was easily walkable from where we were.

Food:

Wish I'd seen this post from The Kitchn on some interesting British beers before I left. I'm putting them on my list to try for my next trip over.

I've never tried the herb vervain but I'm excited to give it a shot with this incredible Summer Peach and Vervain Tart posted by Mimi at Manger.

Yet another reason I need an ice cream maker: Icy Violet has posted some sumptuous looking Red Currant Ice Cream!

Head over to Foodie in Berlin to congratulate her on the birth of her twins, Yasmine and Zoey (how gorgeous are those names?!).

Oh la la, fresh figs =  my most favorite recent food discovery. Drooling over this Brown Sugar Fig and Gorgonzola Crisp from How Sweet it Is.

Interior design:

Love this Berlin house tour on Apartment Therapy.

Head to Peak of Chic for a really awesome giveaway from C Wonder (you just have to live close enough to one to pick up your prize).

John and Sherry at Young House Love have one of their weekly Fab Freebies up today. You could win an entire set of Moen bathroom fixtures. (Prize is worth $1600!)

If you're bemoaning these sluggish days as much as I am, then you'll love this giveaway. Heather at Habitually Chic is offering a Haiku ceiling fan in an assortment of colors and materials. Just leave a comment on her blog to win.

Fashion/style:

Pick out a necklace from online jewelry store Cheerfully Charmed, let The Daybook know what you would choose and you will be entered to win a piece!


That's it for today, being back is fun. See you again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger