Down and out

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I was felled, people, felled by a 24 hour virus of some sort. It left me wheeling and dizzy and I'm only coming up for air now. Eating is a sort of trepidatious (is this a word?) affair and all I've had since Sunday is some measly oatmeal. Despite my nausea, I have a roundup of food posts for you today, aren't you proud of me? I do it all for you.

Food:

If I was into eating (and I had a barbeque), I'd love to try out this Grilled Red Snapper posted on Sweet Paul. Eaten with just a nice green salad, it would certainly be a refreshing meal.

Another great way to ease back into eating again would be to try this Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup from Tartelette.

And then when I'm at my tippy top best and ready for sugar again, I'll be making this amazing Cardamom Brown Sugar Cake with Fresh Cherries and Rose Cream from Eva at Adventures in Cooking.

Interior design:

I almost didn't tell you about this one. You see, I want to win this pair of foo dogs for myself! But, fine, here you go. Head over to House of Turquoise to enter to win a pair of these adorable guys from Shop Ten 25.

Fashion/style:

I love this Tumblr of objects found by Maura while she runs (found via Design Mom).

If you don't already have a copy of Nichole's beautiful book, Paris in Color, then head to her site by Monday to enter to win a signed copy!

Ever since I worked on Lara Spencer's book I Brake for Yard Sales I've wanted to head to the Rose Bowl flea market and find some awesome deals. Well, you can bet I'm entering this competition at Emily Henderson's site to win an all-expenses-paid trip to LA and $250 cash to spend at LA's hottest flea market!



On the plus side of being sick, I did manage to watch almost the entire fourth season of Breaking Bad on Netflix. Wow, that show just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? 'Till tomorrow!

P.S. This is my 100th post! So yayy for that too.

3 comments:

  1. Love your new header, great job! Sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you're feeling better. : )

    Berta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 100th post?! I am so impressed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger