Happy weekend, photos, and a friend's book!

Friday, August 31, 2012

I hope you guys all have lovely plans for the weekend, my plans are, well, plans to do nothing but soak in this last weekend of summer. It has been a full week: three sets of friends had babies and there was visiting and snuggling and marveling over new and tiny beings. So it's with a happy heart that I head into this holiday weekend. Here are a few snapshots of my week:




It's always a good day when you get the advance copies of a book you've worked on with an author, but it's an even better day when you get the advance copy of a book a friend has written! Words can't really express how delighted and excited I am for Luisa of The Wednesday Chef. I got my advance copy of her new book, My Berlin Kitchen, this week, and haven't stopped reading it since. I can't wait for you guys to read it. I know you'll love it as much as I do. It's packed full with memories from childhood all the way up to her amazing wedding in Italy last summer. I had the good fortune to attend that incredible event and I'll never forget the views from her mother's garden or the smells and sounds of the wind sighing through the trees as we celebrated. I'll write more about the recipes later as I plan to try some out and report back. But for now, check out that pretty jacket:


Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you getting an advance copy. I can't wait to read that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger