Curator Picks - 3/28

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of posts in my reader today. There were 80 by the time 10am rolled around. Does everyone post on Wednesday, or what?

My jaw literally dropped when I saw Apartment Therapy's post today on creating a Narnia-like world for your child (or yourself) by installing a wardrobe over the doorway so it appears like a secret world when you open the wardrobe doors. I must have this for myself! I could picture snuggling up in there (with or without children) with my favorite books, hidden away for hours and dreaming that Mr. Tumnus would come and find me under the streetlamp.

Considering I just ate straight lemon curd for breakfast this morning (hey, it's my vitamin C for the day!), this recipe for Spring Grapefruit Tartlets over at Oh Joy! are perfect for me. Probably a little too technical to attempt on a weekday, I'll be trying these on some weekend when I have a few hours to spare.

Also, Oh Joy posted today about her online yard sale. She's purging her closet and home and has put together some gorgeous things to sell. Of course her stuff has already sold out, but she says she'll post more again tomorrow. She's selling through a site called Copious and it's worth checking out as anyone can post their own used stuff to sell on the site and then can buy at the same time!

One of my new year's resolutions was to learn to cook more Indian food and Heidi from 101 Cookbooks has posted a lovely looking recipe for saag paneer at just the right time. It requires a huge amount of spinach (another goal of mine) and it's going to help me use up the buttermilk languishing in my fridge - perfect!

I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner. In Ireland it's very common to eat a fry for dinner which would consist of sausages, rashers, and fried eggs all put together in a big pile of runny yumminess. Probably not the healthiest of meals, but it was certainly delicious and easy to put together. Now that my evenings are more rushed, I find myself looking for quick easy dinners that don't require a lot of prep. For tonight I'm thinking of doing this Cupcakes and Cashmere recipe for pancakes with rum syrup. Cause breakfast for dinner equals yum. Also her tip about using a squeeze bottle for the pancake syrup is so smart. No more drips on the stovetop!

Giveaway on Cup of Jo today for a pair of Alexis Russell diamond earrings. Leave a comment on Joanna's site before tomorrow!

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday :-)

1 comments:

  1. Very nісe рost. I just stumbled upon
    уour blog аnd wanted tο say that
    I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    Feel free to visit my blog; buy and sell cars for profit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger