Warning: new season ahead

Monday, September 3, 2012

It always feels weird ending one season and beginning another. Or at least I think I always expect it to feel like something. Like there is one definite end to summer and a definite beginning to autumn. But that's not the case at all, and this holiday weekend dawned hot and muggy and similar to all the other days of the week. It didn't feel like September should feel, but I certainly wasn't wishing the heat away. Not just yet. Let it last for just a few more weekends, please. A few more perfect weekends where I can relax on the Great Lawn under a cloudy sky.




Interior design:

I'm working on a book about American farmhouses and their eccentric interiors. It's super interesting and inspiring for my own home aspirations. But then I saw this dreamy post on Italian farmhouses from This is Glamorous and I started to rethink the way I want my future home to look. I love the rustic ease and thin veil between indoor and outdoor living in these farmhouses.

Clearly you know I'm obsessed with Instagram, so I was excited to enter this giveaway from Young House Love to win $300 to spend at Canvaspop, a company that specializes in creating wall art from your Instagram shots. This one is mine, people!

Food:

Do you guys read Kinfolk Magazine? Along with producing a gorgeous magazine that brings together a community of like-minded artists and entertainers, they host these incredible dinners across the country and world. I dream of joining one day. Their latest dinner (or picnic rather) was in Paris right under the twinkling lights of The Eiffel Tower! Check out the photos and find out what they ate here.

Use up the last of your summer peaches with these mini peach pavlovas on Oh Joy!


Back to work tomorrow, see you there!





6 comments:

  1. i'm glad your weather is holding! i feel like i'm seeing fall signs everywhere, but i'm staying in denial for as long as i can. mmm peach pavlovas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! And lion got to come as well?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog visitors have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any advice to help fix this problem?
    Look at my homepage : next page

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger