Curator Picks - 7/3

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

For those readers in America, tomorrow is a national holiday. It's one that I didn't grow up celebrating as an American holiday but rather we celebrated it as my sister's birthday. So, happy birthday Genevieve! (Side note: She has probably been celebrating her birthday for many hours already as she lives in Cambodia and is 12 hours ahead).

Food:

In the spirit of the holiday, I found this pretty flag cake on Smitten Kitchen to be rather fun. Especially perfect as everyone's kitchens are overflowing with blueberries and strawberries. After attempting some crazy pinterest cakes she instead opted for this simple solution and I'm glad she did.

The pancakes I make are usually thin crepelike affairs that drape limply over the plate and are drowned in lemon and castor sugar. I was intrigued by Heidi's riff on a rice and sesame pancake at 101 Cookbooks today. This could serve as a nice easy dinner some night this week.

Lovely giveaway on A Cozy Kitchen of some of Adrianna's favorite kitchen stuff. You could win a copy of Gabrielle Hamilton's Blood Bones, & Butter, ice cube trays, a vegetable peeler, and a wooden spoon.

Fashion/style:

I love the "my balance" segment on Cup of Jo where parents discuss balancing work and children. The last series focused on mothers in a similar work from home kind of environment as Joanna herself. But this current series has interviews with parents who work outside the home. Aa a mother who has a full time job in an office environment, I enjoyed today's piece with Janet Ozzard of Babycenter.

Giveaway on A Beautiful Mess for a lovely bracelet from Threads, a business that sells student-made jewelry to help them fund their education.

Want to win a pair of London brand MiH cutoff jean shorts and a tee? Then head to SF Girl By Bay to enter the contest!

Interior design:

Partially in tribute to the late Nora Ephron, but mostly because my husband is obsessed with this movie and could literally watch it 10 times in a row, I'm linking to Design Sponge's popular "living in" series because today they tackled the cute and romantic You've Got Mail. There's a great roundup of some of the beautiful pieces you see throughout the movie and in Meg Ryan's unbelievable Upper West Side apartment.


Enjoy the holiday tomorrow (if you're in the US). If there are some good blog posts out there tomorrow I'll be back with a post, otherwise I'll see you guys on Thursday!

PS: Am I the only one noticing the incredibly fluffy clouds over Manhattan this week? I just want to dive into them:





1 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger