Slim pickins

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tonight I stewed an apple and some peeled apricots, mixed in a little cinnamon and plain yogurt and made one little 7 month old very, very happy. I wish I had photos of it but it was gobbled so quickly that I barely had time to pull the spoon away. She was flapping her arms and squawking like a baby bird. I love creating recipes for my little ones, I know there is a very short window of time where I can control what goes into their bodies so I'm taking full advantage of it.

Slim pickins out in the blog world today ... slim but good - quality over quantity.

Food:

If I had a grill, you can bet I'd be slapping some peaches on there and enjoying this Grilled Peach Salad with Mint and Basil Pesto from Jeanine and Jack at Love & Lemons. Perhaps I can figure out a way to grill them on my oven burners or just cook them on the stovetop. It probably won't bring out that charred taste but should work fairly well.

Luisa at The Wednesday Chef is enjoying life at home with her new adorable baby boy, Hugo, but found a few minutes to post about Coconut Banana Bread today. I've never tried that combo before in a bread but it sounds too interesting not to.

You guys, we have literally not turned on our oven for the last month! It has been a cold salad and sandwich fest up in this house. Another option is chilled soup. For that I'll turn to Cannelle et Vanille who just posted a recipe for Watermelon, Tomato, and Almond Gazpacho from her upcoming book Small Plates and Sweet Treats (can't wait for that one!).

Fashion/style:


Head over to The Everygirl to enter to win $50 to spend at the totally cute Rifle Paper Co.You could get hand printed cards or other paper goods.

Should you not be interested in the hotel pools that Apartment Therapy posted about yesterday then perhaps these stunning public/almost free pools from around the world would be up your alley.


Ok now I'm off to watch another episode of The Newsroom!

2 comments:

  1. I love the description of how your baby responded to the food - sounds like she loved it! Good work Miss Chef - you could sell that recipe to baby-food makers everywhere!
    Also, what is this Newsroom show - a new one I should get into??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's on HBO. It's only 4 episodes in. You should start watching it. It's by the writer of the West Wing and is a look at behind the scenes of a news show. I thought it was good although it has been criticized.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger