Flash mob for the setting sun

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'll be one of those people standing on the east side of Manhattan today with my camera, waiting to catch a glimpse of the sun on the second day of Manhattanhenge. To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. Why? Not sure. I wonder what everyone will do after the sun sinks out of sight? Will we all just walk away and rejoin the rest of the rushing traffic? Blend into the crowds like a flash mob does after a dance? Act like we didn't all just share this amazing single moment where the sun aligned with the streets of this city? All of my questions will be answered at 8:25pm.

Fashion/style:

Win a set of beautiful Marigot cotton pajamas on Cup of Jo today. Giveaway ends tomorrow.

I loved this post today on Apartment Therapy about finding ways to minimize the stress of losing tech gadgets.

Of course, sometimes you want to lose those tech gadgets on purpose. Make sure you check out this beautifully written post today titled, "Turn Down the Noise" on A Poor Man's Feast. It's all about the overwhelming nature of the technology we look at these days and how these things meant to make us more productive can just end up making us feel more frazzled.

Food:

I just had a BLT sandwich for lunch and I'd be lying if I said I couldn't have one again for dinner. If I did, then I'd be sure to make this California BLT with Avocado and Basil Mayonnaise on The Kitchn today.

I love ending my meal with dessert, most of the time I'm satisfied with just a hot cup of very sweet Earl Grey tea (and perhaps a chocolate biscuit or two) but now I'm craving these toffee squares adapted from the West Village Milk & Cookies bakery.

Interior design:



Giveaway from A Beautiful Mess, to win a $100 gift certificate to the quirky home goods shop Catching Fireflies.

Coveting/pinning these towels (stripes! herringbone!) from Nine Space found at Apartment 34.


See you tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger