1am dispatch

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I put off lunch until about 3pm every day, not sure why I do that. But skittles help! I emptied them out over the layouts I'm editing and I loved the way they look like they are floating over the furniture.


Interior design:

I had the pleasure of working with the fabulous interior designer Amanda Nisbet on her book Dazzling Design. It officially goes on sale tomorrow, and to celebrate, the lovely Heather Clawson of Habitually Chic has written a wonderful review and photographed Amanda's office. So chic.

Lauren at Pure Style Home is about to embark upon a massive renovation of her new Virginia home. Jump in at the beginning and follow along. I love seeing the before and after shots and I just know she'll do a wonderful job. Her previous home was gorgeous. And get this, she's doing it all with a 3 month old addition to her family!

Fashion/style:

I love today's giveaway on Cup of Jo! You could win the cutest fox, raccoon, or bear from Walnut Animal Society. I would love to have Henry the fox sitting on my office bookshelves.

I really have no interest in football (unless it's of the soccer kind) but if your partner is into football you'll like this giveaway. You could win $50 to spend on personalized sportswear for the team of your choice at Meesh & Mia from The Everygirl.

Food:

I'm on a major Mexican food kick lately. I just want tacos and fajitas all the time. I also love the act of assembling a meal at the table. Having your food in little bowls and plates and putting together your own unique creations makes me happy. I'd like to make these chipotle chicken fajitas with creamy black bean sauce for dinner some night this week.

I'm fascinated and intrigued by challah bread. The taste and consistency make me swoon. A few bloggers have posted recipes for challah loaves this week, but of course this sweet option with chocolate chunks and sea salt by Sassy Radish caught my sweet tooth eye (if there's such a thing). The braiding of dough intimidates me but I'm thinking about giving it a shot!

I'm super excited to be working with the uber talented Diane and Todd of White on Rice Couple on their first cookbook! I've been a fan of their photography and recipes for a long time so it's a thrill to be editing their book. It will be filled with their personal stories and lots of yummy vegetable centric recipes.


I need to go to bed already, what am I doing up? I try to go to bed before 1am every night/morning but it rarely happens. Then I feel like taking a nap in my office around 3pm every day. Night!

7 comments:

  1. I bet your daughter can teach you to cook Challah bread...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the White on Rice book, looking forward to reading and cooking with it!
    When you make challah bread, do you feel you need to shout 'challahhh!' every time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. Nice layouts you are sweetening up ; )

    thumbs up on the white on rice cookbook! I worked with them on a cookbook a couple of years ago. Great eye and sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anna! thought you might recognize that image :)

      Delete
  4. Dervla - Love Lauren and will love what she does with that new home - she's so amazing. I need more mexican recipies - seems something my kids as well.

    Nice to visit!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting, Loretta! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. ...and love those Skittles, looks so graphic!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger