Me and the kitchen sink

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

You know how you have that thing you do that calms you down? For me, it's having a clean kitchen sink. It's weird, I know, but having a brightly scrubbed kitchen sink at the end of the day makes me feel like something was accomplished (even if nothing else was). I can live to fight another day.


Interior design:

Imagine looking out over Puget Sound from the windows of this incredible home featured today on Design Milk. The 12 foot high glass walls just invite the outdoors in and you'd feel a little like you were living in the lush verdant woods of Washington state.

Get a sneak peek at Emily Henderson's One King's Lane sale happening on September 18th. I'm coveting this peacock blue velvet couch she recovered, although I can't see myself paying $3400 for it!

I'd love to go to MOMA and see the collection of Frank Lloyd Wright models that are being moved there from his headquarters (the drawings and papers are being displayed at Columbia University).

Travel to Aesthetic Outburst to win a signed copy of Abbey's not-yet-released book, You are Awesome: 21 Crafts to Make You Happy, and a handmade surprise.

Food:

Raspberries are emitting their dying gasp at my farmers' market and I might just use them for this Raspberry Pie from Eva at Adventures in Cooking. Also, Eva overestimated the amount of seeds she'd need for her winter planting and is giving away tons of them. If you have a garden and need some seeds (like squash, lettuce, and pumpkin) then post a comment to win them.

Lottie + Doof is turning 4! Head over to congratulate Tim on four years of a wonderful blog. To celebrate this week, Lottie + Doof will have lots of fun guest contributors so be sure to check back.

Jamie at My Baking Addiction posted the cutest mini lemon meringue pies. They look structurally perfect and as I gazed at them today I was starting to feel a little inadequate as a baker, but thankfully she admits that she didn't create the meringue from scratch but used a meringue mix instead. I must try this. Creating a stable meringue is a thorn in my side.


5 comments:

  1. Could you imagine looking out over that stunning view of Puget Sound everday?! Incredible! (I'm a bit wimpy at night though so I'd have to have lots of curtains or my imagination might run away with me!). Oh and just the mention of lemon meringue pie is enough to make my mouth water. Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt a little like living in Twilight with the whole northwest forest thing. I'd be nervous some vamp was going to appear at my window!

      Delete
    2. Bwahaha. Embarrassingly enough, I thought of Twilight as well when you mentioned the thin veil.. sigh. Well at least I can say I read the books before vamps went crazy, thanks to you Dervy. :)

      Delete
  2. I feel exactly the same way about the kitchen sink.
    Unfortunately, it isn't always clean when I go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any points for first-time blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.
    Also visit my web blog :: orange county plumbers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger