Taking the time

Thursday, September 6, 2012

From my living room window tonight I can see the moon hanging heavy in the sky, it is waning gibbous, a moon of endings and beginnings. I could sit on my windowsill all night watching it cut a silver swath through the East River. I don't take the time to just look out the window as much as I should.  I'm too busy rushing around my apartment and I forget to take the time to appreciate that I can see the George Washington Bridge twinkling in the distance from one window, and the East River from another. So tonight, I'm taking a few minutes to look. 

Food:

Head to The Baker Chick to congratulate Audra on her recent marriage and celebrate with a yummy looking recipe for lemon lavender pound cake.

I need someone to make these these salted caramel cake shots on Sugar & Cloth for me.

Meg at A Sweet Spoonful has written a lovely post about saying yes and no to certain things in her life. I love the sentiment and wish I could be more disciplined about it. I'm going to try and keep her advice in mind. Oh, and there's a recipe for black coffee ice cream with toasted almonds and chocolate flecks.

Interior design:

Anna at the interiors blog Door 16 has started a new feature called "Yeah I Could Live There" and to start off she has chosen some incredible Stockholm rowhouses to show us. I'll be checking in to see her features often.

I loved this feature on style icon Dorothy Draper on Apartment Therapy today. Most well-known for decorating The Greenbrier in West Virginia, she was probably the most amazing interior designer when it came to use of color and pattern in furnishings.

Fashion/style:

There are lots of fashion week posts starting to pop up on the fashion blogs and most of them are the same. But here is a different one: The Glamourai interviews and photographs popular and gorgeous DJ Chelsea Leyland. Her clothes (and perfect eyebrows) are to die for.

Head to Cup of Jo to win the perfect autumn bag from Jenny N. Design.




5 comments:

  1. How is this just written at the end of a paragraph? "Oh, and there's a recipe for black coffee ice cream with toasted almonds and chocolate flecks."

    More like, "OH, AND THERE'S A RECIPE FOR BLACK COFFEE ICE CREAM WITH TOASTED ALMONDS AND CHOCOLATE FLECKS."

    It should also probably get it's own post. Someway, somehow, I will make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i was thinking the same! it sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dervla,
    I just popped by the Glamurai blog! It's fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger