Goals

Saturday, September 22, 2012



It has been a really long week, and I'm more excited than usual that the weekend is here. It could be because of the cooler (but not yet cold) weather. It could also be because I have some goals: I'd like to watch the Downton Abbey premiere and at the same time I'd like to get some more videos of my 3 year old dancing gangnam style (which has topped 235 million views by the way). I have to get outside for a run in Central Park and I want to get some quality reading in. If I get most of these done then I'll consider it a successful weekend. I'll settle for just one.

Food:

Bread pudding is the best, don't you think? It doesn't always look that attractive but it more than makes up for it with a creamy comforting texture that makes me want to curl up in front of a fire. Adrianna of A Cozy Kitchen takes your regular bread pudding up a notch with this pumpkin version.

On to a slightly more visually pleasing dessert with these strawberry shortcake cookies from Spoon Fork Bacon. I love baking with strawberries, they get this slightly stronger more bitter taste after being in the oven and coupled with the soft pastry I bet they're gorgeous.

It's all about dessert to end this long week and what better to usher in the official autumn season than this butter rum apple crisp tart from White on Rice Couple? It has the added bonus of using the visually gorgeous pink pearl apples that Diane has appropriately dubbed "cinderella apples," and I can see why.

Interior design: 

Have you heard of Makeshift Society yet? It's a clubhouse of sorts for creatives in San Francisco (in fact that's exactly what they refer to it as on their site). They've thought of everything, from bicycles that you can borrow to ride and pick up lunch to a lounging area with pillows and blankets so you can take a nap if you want to. I'm dying to visit it and Anthology just did a feature on it that makes it look even more attractive to me.

Emily Henderson gives her five secrets to good styling and decorating on her blog today. From trays to benches they are fairly obvious choices but she has added plenty of incredible inspiration photos that make this a droolworthy post.

Fashion/style:

I really love this polka dot pillowcase DIY project from Say Yes to Hoboken. Now if I could just find a second to put this pretty craft together. I think it would be the perfect solution to jazz up some white pillowcases that are starting to look a little dingy.

Joanna at Cup of Jo keeps singing the praises of dry shampoo and having been too lazy to wash my hair at least 2 of the last 7 days I think I should start investing in some. She promises that it makes for luxuriously soft hair and recommends this Klorane brand.


Have a wonderful weekend, guys!

8 comments:

  1. If—I mean, when—you come to Seattle (because you will, eventually, right?) you must try the bread pudding at Boat Street Cafe. Amaretto bread pudding with run butter cream. I never knew bread pudding could be transcendent.

    Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i will make it to Seattle someday! And I'm going to hunt down that bread pudding. Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  2. i love how you summarize good things from all over the internet into one place! good curating :) there's always so much i want to comment on too, but for now i'll leave it at this: the university near my house's marching band has been practicing a big band version of gangnam style for days and i'm still. not. sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the feedback! And I'd be dancing in the street to that band if i were there!

      Delete
  3. hi dervla, we're ready for you when you come out to SF :)

    rena @ makeshift society

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dervla @ The CuratorMonday, 24 September, 2012

      that's it, booking my ticket NOW!!

      Delete
  4. I am still smiling from the video at the beginning of the post - can't believe I haven't seen it before! /Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niki, isn't it hilarious?? I die every time. You should also check him out on youtube teaching Britney Spears how to dance gangnam style on Ellen. Ridiculous.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger