Finales and thursday links

Thursday, September 13, 2012

I'm watching the finale of Bachelor Pad as I type this. I like to save watching the finales of shows for as long as possible thus building anticipation for the show. And, wow, this one is not going to disappoint. I can't spoil it in case anyone else hasn't seen it yet, but seriously, CRAZINESS!

Food:

Deb at Smitten shares the most incredible looking recipe for fig, olive oil, and sea salt challah. I want to run into my kitchen right now (like RIGHT THIS SECOND) and make this. Ok, no more all caps, I promise.

Hand pies make me think of something from 19th century England. Like I should be eating these apple and onion hand pies with cheddar and sage from Reading My Tea Leaves while ducking out of the rain on some cobblestoned street in London.

Autumn makes me crave a warmer breakfast but sometimes my oatmeal just isn't up to snuff. Check out these 3 tips from The Kitchn today to help your oatmeal be the perfect meal.

Thanks to Kate from Cookie + Kate, I have dinner figured out for tomorrow night. I'm going to try out this spicy sun-dried tomato and broccoli pasta.

Head over to Turntable Kitchen to congratulate Kasey and Matt on 3 years of marriage and enjoy the recipe for chocolate, cardamom, and vanilla bean ice cream sandwiches.

Interior design:

Enter Jenny's giveaway to win a copy of the interior design book, Good Bones, Great Pieces by Suzanne and Lauren McGrath at Little Green Notebook. It's a really great book (although I'm slightly biased because they are my authors).

Living in New York City as I do, I never get to stay in any of the amazing hotels in this city. But if I were traveling here, I'd think about this Chelsea stunner billed as a glamorous retreat for modern mad men on Remodelista.

I don't usually travel to Heather of Dooce for advice on what to hang on my walls, but I might just take her up on this tip to look at these botanical photographs from the Etsy store Miles of Light.

Fashion/style:

I'm a huge fan of the animal trend going on right now in fashion. So I loved this roundup by Jessica over at Bedknobs & Baubles of the top 10 animal sweaters. I think we should all own at least one.

Cup of Jo's Wednesday giveaway is for a full size moisturizer from Orlean (worth $165!). This is one I'd definitely like to win as this changing weather can wreak havoc on the skin.

That's it for tonight, see you tomorrow. Yawn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger